This past week was a wonderful week of soul winning. God allowed me to see 4 precious adults come to Christ. I thank the LORD that many years ago my paths crossed the path of Dr. John R. Rice, Dr. Jack Hyles, Dr. C. W. Fisk, Evangelist Lester Roloff, Dr. Bill Rice, Dr. Lee Roberson, and many men like Dr. Jim Vineyard. All of these men were personal soul winners and I had the honor of going soul winning with many of those men. They not only preached about it, but were actively doing it.
I am entering my 41st year of being an ordained licensed Baptist preacher. I have been taught by the best and hopefully I will be able to pass on to the next generation that which God has blessed me with. LONGVIEW BAPTIST TEMPLE the last year (2009) I was their pastor baptized 4,460 precious souls. God blessed in a miraculous manner. Of those 153 were the ones God allowed me to not only lead to Christ, but see them follow the LORD in baptism.
May I, not as a Bible professor who has never been involved in building a church, but as an active pastor and Christian offer some observations about this great matter of personal soul winning?
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING IS THE DECENT THING TO DO
- Romans 1:31 and II Timothy 3:3 speak of “unnatural affection.”
- II Peter 2:12 speaks of “…these natural, brute beasts…”
- If you had a cure for cancer, but refused to share that with the world that would make you inhumane.
- If you are saved and refuse to share that with a lost world going to Hell that likewise is inhumane.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING IS THE NATURAL THING TO DO
- John 20:21 says “… as my Father hath sent me even so send I you…”
- Luke 10:37 “And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.”
- A young couple who marries and years pass by without them giving birth to a baby would mean there is something wrong. They then would go to a physician to seek answers.
- A Christian who goes year after year without winning souls need likewise to go to the Great Physician to seek answers.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING IS THE COMMANDED THING TO DO
- Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15 – A command to individuals and a commission to local churches.
- We as God’s children are commanded to go soul winning.
- This is not a suggestion by Christ, but a command by Christ.
- You do not pray about commands.
- This is not a gift it is a clear command.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE SPIRITUAL.
- Mark 16:14 is the verse before the command to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.
- In this verse the LORD “upbraided the with their unbelief and hardness of heart.”
- Jesus gave them a tongue lashing and pointed out their backslidden condition.
- Jesus then gives then a solution for their backslidden state and it was “…preach the gospel to every creature.”
- Being a personal soul winner does not make you better than other Christians.
- John chapter 4 gives a picture of the woman at the well who came back with converts from the same city that the disciples had visited. All they came back with was meat while she came back with converts.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING DOES NOT BUILD A CHURCH
- Matthew 16:18 states that Jesus will build his church.
- We are to bring the material and give Jesus the material so he can build a local church.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING GETS GOD’S ATTENTION
- Luke 15:7, 10 make it clear that there is rejoicing in Heaven in the presence of the Angels over one sinner that repents.
- If you want to get God’s attention one of the ways is to personal lead some one to Christ for salvation.
- God will put the Angels on rations to take care of one soul winner.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING BRINGS JOY
- Luke 10:17-20; Psalm 126:5-6; Acts 8:35-39: Acts 16:25-34.
- PERSONAL SOUL WINNING IS GOD’S ORDAINED PLAN TO REACH THE UNSAVED
- Luke 10:1-2; Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19-20
GOTTA LOVE PERSONAL SOUL WINNING!