A lady like an 84 year old Mrs. Beverly Hyles can make a choice you disagree with, according to you, and it is as if she never did anything right in her previous 83 years. Is it possible to love someone with whom we may disagree? Any one without sin let him cast the first stone. The ones who cry the loudest about how bad the teenagers are acting are the ones who do not have teenagers. You do not know what you will do until you are faced with it. You have not walked in the shoes of Mrs. Hyles thus you have no right to judge her choices.
None of us know what we would do in a certain situation. We may think we know, but until we are faced with it we cannot be sure. I cannot guarantee what my wife or children will do after I die or even before I die, but they still belong to me and I belong to them. This is what you call a family. They may lose the tenth round in the spiritual fight, but they still were victorious for nine rounds.
What I see on the BLOGS is not the kind of fundamentalism I signed up for in 1972. I fell in love with the love of Dr. Hyles and Dr. Rice. It was not the bombastic sermons rather it was the tear in the corner of the eye that caught my attention. Don’t misunderstand me, no one on the scene today preaches any harder against sin than I do, but I doubt there are too many who love as hard either.
|John Barnes, Scottie Gray Jr., Marcus Perry
Phillip Turner, Matt Bosje, Steven Howard
Scott Gray Sr.
I do believe this is a teachable moment for the family of God
- This is my son and grandson’s home and they are always welcome
- Their friends are also welcome
- I know every one of these young men and their families – they are not cultish in their theology at ALL concerning Jesus Christ
- I have preached for some of their churches and they are not traitors to the Gospel
- The new pastor of FBC, who sponsors HAC, John Wilkerson must NOT be held responsible for the previous pastor Jack Schaap’s beliefs or practices
- Pastor Wilkerson does not believe like Jack Schaap concerning Jesus Christ and the King James Bible
- Pastor Wilkerson deserves to have time to cleanse the staff and faculty of HAC of those who agreed with the heresy of Jack Schaap
- I am afraid my friend has a deeper and greater dislike for FBC and HAC rather than concern of reconciliation in honor of supposedly his friend Jack Hyles
- When I pointed out things of concern under Jack Schaap’s watch it was with a hope of reconciliation not destruction and I am encouraged we will see it
- Do not attack my family or friends with false accusations and expect me to sit by indolently
- Are we now calling HAC Mormons and JW’s?
- Lumping my son and grandson in with Mormons and JW’s? WHAT?
I separated myself from Jack Schaap, but unfortunately that meant that I was forced to separate from the church and college.
If my son were a homosexual would I have my picture taken with him and his homosexual friends? I don’t know! I don’t think I would, but I nor any one else really knows until they are faced with that dilemma what exactly they would do.
I gave Jack Schaap the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. There is no doubt to any one that I did separate myself from Jack Schaap over the King James Bible preserved inspiration issue. The minute Jack Schaap resigned I wanted and hoped for reconciliation. Now, reconciliation must be earned and it appears John Wilkerson is not Jack Schaap and is legitimately an independent Baptist and wants reconciliation.
Does that mean I would preach for everyone he preaches for? No, but that is what makes him an independent Baptist. He appears to be right on the King James issue, soul winning, separation, and the Lord’s Supper, etc.
I admit Jack Schaap was in my mind while writing WHEN PRINCIPLE WAS KING. However, my goal was not to destroy Jack Schaap; my goal was to not allow Jack Schaap to destroy Jack Hyles. My next book does not even mention Jack Schaap, but it does present vintage Jack Hyles in thought and practice.
Since, I don’t think I wouldn’t, how can I judge anyone else in their choices especially when it comes to their children. I am not sure my friend wants to go there anyway?