Saul Alinsky was a brilliant man. Evil, but brilliant. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, everyone on the Left from President Obama on down played by his rules in the political arena for nearly a decade. To this day the influence is real and damaging. Not all liberals have read his book or know his name, but his tactics have become universal. Sadly politically for conservatives, when two evenly matched forces go head-to-head outside of a fairy tale, the side that tries to play nice usually ends up with its head in a box.
President Trump has taken the liberals head on. His style has shocked D.C. Those living inside the bubble of Washington D.C. have been blown away by the non-politically correct twitter in Chief. We could learn a lot from President Trump. This is no time to run for cover and feel guilty for taking a stand for righteousness. Our nation has benefited economically and now it is time to benefit spiritually. The President has taken us back to the days of Ronald Reagan and we have benefited as a nation.
Likewise, it is time for many of us to take us back to the fundamentalism of Jack Hyles, Lee Roberson, Jack Hudson, Lester Roloff, Curtis Hutson, John R. Rice, etc. We have let the man-child pulpiteers of our day scare us from righteousness while they disguise themselves in a cloak of fundamentalism while secretly duplicating Rick Warren and Bill Hybles. They are being deceptive. Obama was slicker than Slick Bill Clinton. He sounded so intellectual and yet liberal venom came out of his mouth. These youngins’ who polly parrot Rick Warren are more dangerous than Rick Warren. At least we know who and what Rick Warren is while these Warren lookalikes are fooling the inexperienced.
Liberalism in Christian circles has found a kindred spirit with Alinsky. Their facade is a thinly veiled covering of compassion and its deceptive dialogue has fooled many a naive Christian. According to them our forefathers were far too invasive and abrasive in dealing with God’s people. The pendulum has swung far to the left for many young preachers who bewail the harshness of their own pastor fathers.
So, don’t lie or become an evil person like Alinsky, but learn from what he wrote and give the Left a taste of its own medicine. This is no time for us to forsake the Bible principles and patterns given to us by one of the most successful ministries the world has ever seen. Don’t throw the baby out with the wash. We have come to far to turn back now. A little leaven can destroy much.
The following will give you an insight into the mindset of liberals. These liberals are dangerous and once the infection enters the blood stream of a fundamental Bapitst church it will kill it, though it looks alive to others. Soon flip flops, skinny jeans, colored lights, Saturday night live concerts, shaggy hair, scraggly facial hair, rock beat, yoga pants, untucked shirts, shorts, no hymn books, choruses on the wall, cell groups, etc. will be the norm on Saturday and Sunday in fundamental Baptist churches.
- RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
- RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
- RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
- RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
- RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
- RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
- RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
- RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
- RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
- RULE 10: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
- RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
- RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.